Tuesday 8 November 2016

Presentation: Citroen 15 T.A. Rat Rod

Hi!
History of this car is really strange. It was one of very first diecast kits in my hands, back in 2006 I bet.
I assembled it, have fun with it and then it go to the box with lack of some parts. Then I found it about year ago with other toy/model cars from my childhood. 1/24 aren't my playground so I decided to sell it. Unfortunately only Citroen left and I had to do something with it. Old car, so there was only one way-rat rod!
It turn out pretty well as for my abilities at the moment, but I left undetailed engine, so hasn't even got proper presentation, cause I wanted to correct this... but... I swapped seats from Corvette, so why not swap engine? I got one spare LS1 engine, but without cover... so I ordered another Corvette, just for engine cover, which finally stay unused.
Finally, car is done. Of course with some mistakes, but for that long project... it's good that's finished... ;)

Make: Citroen
Model: 15 Traction Avant
Model maker: BBurago
Scale: 1:24 diecast
Modifications:
-changed wheels for custom made ones
-painted black with lot of rust
-LS1 engine from Corvette
-seats from Corvette
-painted interior
-removed bumpers
-removed lights
-polished windows
-painted details
-custom hood






















Greetings and stay tuned!

Brociu

! :)

3 comments:

  1. Postarzanie modeli wychodzi Ci świetnie. Mimo, że rat rody i ogólnie wszędobylska rdza to nie moje klimaty, to zawsze z zainteresowaniem oglądam Twoje prace i tylko wyobrażam jak dużo czasu trzeba na to poświęcić.

    Pozdrawiam :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dziękuję bardzo za pozytywny komentarz ;)
      Najwięcej czasu schodzi na wyszukanie pojazdu referencyjnego-rdzą sobie walnąć można, ale żeby to było realistyczne, najpierw trzeba mieć przynajmniej ze 3-4 przykłady jak taka rdza rozkłada się na prawdziwym egzemplarzu danego modelu.
      Nie mniej jednak, warto ten czas poświęcać, zwłaszcza gdy efekt końcowy jest zgodny z przewidywaniami :D

      Pozdrawiam, Brociu

      Delete
  2. Hermoso modelo, felicitaciones!

    http://retroautosenescala.blogspot.com.ar/

    ReplyDelete